Rökt fisk
eucon
2005-10-28 17:44:38 UTC
Hej,
Sorry for writing this in English as my Swedish is (still) quite poor.
A friend of mine who had been touring Sweden this summer told me of a
drum-like device which he saw some anglers use to smoke (röka) fish.
It had not been a do-it-yourself contraption but obviously had been
manufactured and sold by a Swedish - or possibly Norwegian - company.
Would anybody know where such a "smoke drum" might be obtained?
Rolf
Fredrik Jonson
2005-10-30 08:29:55 UTC
Post by eucon
A friend of mine who had been touring Sweden this summer told me of a
drum-like device which he saw some anglers use to smoke (röka) fish.
It had not been a do-it-yourself contraption but obviously had been
manufactured and sold by a Swedish - or possibly Norwegian - company.
Would anybody know where such a "smoke drum" might be obtained?
Could the smoke be finnish? In swedish the device is called "fiskrök",
just so that you have something to google for. A well known swedish one,
is the "aburöken", but while searching for a link for that one, I stumbled
on the page below. It referenses a tubeshaped finnish smoke that seems to
fit your description.

http://www.olasfiske.se/rokning.htm

http://www.opa.fi/opa.html

Unfortunately opa's site is 100% flash, so I cant link to the smoke,
directly. One wonders if the web designers are aware of how flash sites
just garbles usability? Oh, well...
Fredrik Jonson
eucon
2005-11-04 15:27:33 UTC
The OPA link was a direct hit. Tack sa mycket! I promise to dedicate my
first smoked salmon to you. Thanks again, Rolf